Fall Harvest

Fall Harvest

Friday, January 09, 2009

Sickness and Beauty

For some reason I was not able to write on the post from Saturday anymore, so I will just say here, that Derek had been sick Saturday, and early Sunday morning he fainted coming back from the bathroom. I heard something fall, and found him on the floor of his room with a cut over his eye. So he and I made a trip to the emergency room where they checked him out and eventually sewed up his cut. Every day we have added a new patient. The sickness consists of fevers and coughs, with some vomiting, mostly due to their throat and chest conditions. We told Mr. Rich to take the day off on Thursday, and added Friday now, too. Too many little sick kiddies. Lord willing, they will be well on the road to recovery by Sunday. Today, when we looked out, everything looked especially beautiful. After lunch I walked around our deck and took a few pictures. Wow...the beauty and variety of God's creation. The leaves on the right side reminded me of a seahorse. :) The background is simply today's grey sky!

No comments: