Fall Harvest

Fall Harvest

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Donovan's Einschulungsparty

Richard, our new teacher for this year, arrived with the campers the night before. He is teaching Dustin, Danika and Donovan. We are so glad to have him here. Every German First Grader has a special ceremony at school and then a big family celebration. In our family we have had the party at home with the traditional "Zuckertüte" (sugar cone) which is filled with various school items and interspersed with sweets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. McKenzie,
My name is Jolene and I teach first grade at Falls Baptist Academy (part of Falls Baptist Church). I remember your family living near us for a while and seeing you at "the park" as we called it growing up - on Donna Dr. I found your blog a while back while on the Arnold's blog. I have enjoyed keeping tabs on you all once in a while. I am writing because I am curious about this celebration for all 1st graders! Do they have a kindergarten graduation and this "Einschulungsparty"? Or is this something that would be in place of the k5 grad? You may not have time to answer, and that's okay if you don't. I am just curious. It's great to see your ministry continuing to expand for Christ! Sincerely, Jolene Salyers